Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aubrey and Anna's 2008 Dance Recital

Aubrey and Anna had such a wonderful experience this year with their dance classes. They both had the same teacher, just different times. Anna only took ballet and Aubrey took tap and ballet. I was really fearful that my shy Aubrey would not do good on stage and just run off, but boy was I wrong!! She LOVED being on stage, and when she was up there, she concentrated so hard and did exactly as her teacher told her. She was a little nervous, but at the same time, she couldn't wait to take over the stage with her classmates. Anna was exactly as I expected - not shy at all and just had a great time being herself. Anna's class did "How much is that doggie in the window?" And they each held their own little puppy. As you can guess, puppies were flying everywhere and girls were bumping into each other, but it all added to the fun! But one thing I learned from the recital experience - for each little girl up on stage, there is one hard-working mama (or grandparent) working behind the scenes to get that precious doll ready! Having two girls with 3 different dances was difficult, but I loved it!! I didn't get to see Anna's or Aubrey's first dances on stage for the actual recital, but I did make it for Aubrey's Mickey mouse dance. I got to see most of the recital from behind stage, but it's actually the best seat in the house! I am so thankful for all our family that came out to see them! (they are pictured below)
I know this is a lot of make-up, but we were asked to put on a lot that way we could see their cute faces from the audience.

Anna and her class at dress rehearsal - she's on the left hand side - 2nd from the end

Frantically getting ready for dress rehearsal - at the last minute we remembered to add the noses and whiskers!!


Anna wearing her "itchy" costume!! This is one dress-up outfit I'll probably never convince her to wear again!!:)



Aubrey outside the auditorium gearing up for her debut.


Our faithful family audience - Mema, Aunt Debbie, Ashlie


Daddy was so proud of his girls for their great dancing!



Our other faithful family audience - Aunt Tanya, Grandaddy, Grandmama, Nana and Papa



Anna and Sara Kate


Aubrey posing with her tap outfit



Their wonderful teacher, Ms. Donna



Anna at the studio with her class



No comments: