Showing off their new ornaments
Aubrey helping her daddy with the nativity backdrop. We went very simple with our outside decorations this year. I decorated the front porch with bows and a wreath, and we did a small manger scene in the front yard.

Ashlie decided Daniel needed a different "do". What do you think about the mohawk??
A sideview of my sweetie
Posing in her Christmas dress
.More tree ( we dearly loved our tree this year - we didn't put one up last year!) Other than the
lights, the girls decorated the entire tree.
Aubrey being as silly as the reindeer on her shirt:)
Daniel's shirt reads,"All mommy wants for Christmas is a silent night". Sometimes this is very true!!!:)
Aubrey before dress rehearsal at our church's Christmas play. She was so excited about it!!
The angels
Singing "Go tell it on the mountain"
The older angels singing "What child is this?" They did a beautiful job.
decorating a gingerbread house. We finally did this a few days ago, and everytime I look at this precious house, more candy is missing. hmmmmI dug this one out of my older picture files. I posted this pic of me and Daniel earlier this year. This picture was taken at the hospital on Christmas eve 2008. Last year Christmas time was very tough for us. Daniel was admitted to the hospital on Dec 5th after only being home 2 1/2 weeks. He came home on Dec 26th, but after further complications was back in only 3 days later. All I could think about was just getting Daniel HOME. He still has many complications from the stroke he had at birth (still not eating by mouth), but he has been HOME with us the majority of this year. In fact, I think he was only in the hospital 4 days this whole year. What a blessing!!!
If I look tired, it's because I WAS tired. I had spent two nights in the hospital room with Daniel. Need I say more??:)
Please let me remind you all that Christmas is about Jesus. It's about HIS birth. Emmanuel, God with us. He was fully man, yet fully God. He came to save us. Have you trusted Him to be YOUR Saviour??? As a Christian, I can go through rough trials, but God is with me through them all. I celebrated Christmas just as much last year as I have this year.
I truly wish you a very MERRY CHRISTmas!




3 comments:
Love the new pictures!! We missed y'all so much over Christmas! Love y'all!
You are an amazing mom! Hope your Christmas was wonderful!
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Post a Comment