Wednesday, December 05, 2007
The Reason for the Season?
I've always liked saying through the holidays that "Jesus is the reason for the season." This is a true statement, but I saw a good twist on this saying today on a church sign: "Jesus is the season. You are the reason." How wonderful to be reminded of this. I always try and "fit" Jesus into the holidays, but truthfully, He came because of me. Mankind has always been in a bind because of our sins, and God because He loved us, came in the form of a baby, born of a virgin (so we would know it was of God only!!), lived a holy life and died 33 years later so that He could be the sacrifice for our sins. Aubrey's been asking me for several days now, "Is it Christmas yet??" And I've been telling her that we are celebrating the Christmas season, and Christmas will not be for about 20 more days. (Actually, I have to tell her 20 more nite-nite times so she can understand better what I mean) God gave us the perfect Gift in Jesus Himself, so I guess I ought not feel so overwhelmed with what to get people. I mean, who could top what God has already done??!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh sis! i love the post! Jesus is the reason of the season and sometimes we do forget what a gift He gave us. Beautifully said.
Love you!
Tanya
Tara that was so sweet. I thank God and you for what a wonderful and inspiring person you have grown to be.
Love you!
Daddy
Post a Comment