We spent Thanksgiving this year at my mom and dad's house in Nashville. So we were thankful that we didn't have to drive very far!! My sister was HOME for Thanksgiving which was a special blessing since it's been several years since she and Eric have been home during that time. My grandparents were there, along with Eric's family, my aunt from Warner Robbins and her boyfriend, daughter and grandson. We had a wonderful time fellowshipping together and of course EATING!! My mouth is watering now just thinking of all that delicious food. I did cook a few dishes and I don't know why everyone was so shocked!!! As I confessed then, I've always been intimidated with cooking because I have TWO legendary cooking grandmothers and my mom is wonderful, too!! So how in the world could I ever measure up? Well, I may never but I'm thankful that all of them are very encouraging to me and have passed down good tips and recipes. We did miss my Granny and Papa Taylor since Papa was in the hospital in Atlanta. I am happy to report that he is doing better, and i've at least gotten to spend some time with Granny since Thanksgiving to make up for some lost time!

Yes, it got warm on Thanksgiving Day and all the kids (and some adults, too!) stuck their feet in the pool. Come on, it's too tempting not to!

Aww.. me and Ronnie posing for the camera

Introducing... Mrs. Legendary cook herself - Grandmama Grant! (Anna took this picture - not bad for a 3 year old!!)

Getting everything ready to eat.. You see those hard at work and us others chatting and eating!

Sweet Grandmama!

Anna is telling Chase, "go ahead, I'm right behind you!"

Aubrey and Sara Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment