Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Ronnie! We have had a good weekend celebrating Ronnie's birthday. Daniel and I took him out to eat Friday and did a little shopping. He can go four hours a day without being on the pump, so we definitely splurged that day and really got him out. Of course, it was extremely cold, so we didn't stay out long! I had Daniel so bundled up that he never felt any cold air! Last week at the pediatrician's office we found out that he now weighs 9 lbs 4 oz which was a 9 ounce gain from the previous week! Nine ounces in one week is very good! We are so proud that he is finally putting on some weight. He is doing so good at home. I've caught him smiling a couple of times, but he has not yet smiled at me. He is so precious and a joy! He is sleeping all night which is another blessing. Below are some pictures I've taken in the last week.
Daniel with Ronnie on his birthday. Daniel may have missed Christmas and New Year's at home, but he didn't miss his daddy's birthday!



Sleeping! He loves to sleep with his hands in his face.


Just chilling out



Anna has rediscovered the bathingsuit drawer and comes home everyday from school and changes into one! (I do make her wear clothes over it if she goes outside!)


Aubrey with Daniel. Aubrey is so good to go beside Daniel and talk to him so softly and read to him. She doesn't hold him much like Anna does, but she's a big help in keeping him company.



Aubrey wanted to make sure that Daniel felt safe (even though he's constantly surrounded by his 6 other family members!), so she guarded him with all her favorite animal toys.


Ashlie and her friend, Shanna



Anna trying her hand at the pinata at a birthday party last weekend



Aubrey's doing the same

5 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Ronnie! Thanks for sharing such great pictures. I praise God that Daniel is improving and gaining weight! How are you doing? Love you,

Flynt Family said...

Yay for new pictures! Daniel looks so good. Wish we could be there to hold him! I love the picture where Aubrey surrounded him with all her animals. Too sweet!
Tell Ronnie we hope he had a great birthday! Love y'all!

Hadassah said...

What a joy to have your baby home with you! And to be gaining weight and thriving! I am rejoicing with you!

Nicole said...

New pictures - YAY! LOL Tell Ronnie happy birthday and kiss that baby for me! You & your family are always in my prayers and I believe for a miracle healing for Daniel. Such sweet pics of his big sis reading to him and the army of animals surrounding him. Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Woo hoo! Big Man's home! I know you're so glad! And I'm glad he's sleeping through the night! I'm actually up right now with my little one. She normally sleeps so soundly but she must be teething... sleeping's been a booger last night and tonight! Hasn't gotten a tooth yet, so maybe we'll see one soon. Daniel's looking great... and so are y'all! Love, Heather B