Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"Nurse Tara"

Philippians 4:13 reads "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." For those of you who know me well, I am extremely faint of heart. By that, I mean that I am not one who can handle things like blood being drawn (to me or others), hospitals, broken bones, etc, etc. I have so far in my over thirty years of life passed out more times than I want to admit. I even passed out on the back of a 4-wheeler one time because of a jammed finger!! (Ask my high school friends if you don't believe me!) So, the experience we've had lately with Daniel has definitely toughened me up. I have watched IV's been placed in my little man many, many times. I cried when he came out of surgery back in November, but didn't pass out. I've watched as his stats went down and teams of people came in the room to work on him. Now at home, I maintain his pump by replacing the bags each day, making sure he has the right amount of fluids for a certain time frame, and keeping the pump charged. I measure out his medications and give through his tube. I also give him respiratory treatments. Plus just being his mom and loving on him!! I am doing mostly what the nurses did for him at the hospital. So, just call me Nurse Tara!! (The only time in my life I've ever been close enough to be called that!!)
Daniel is doing good, and we've definitely broken our record now by having him home longer than a month! He is gaining weight and weighed 9 lbs 7 oz last Friday. We go again tomorrow to be weighed. He is now 3 1/2 months old. Thank you all again for your prayers!! He will have to go back in two months for another hearing test since he did not pass his first two tests.




It can be very difficult to get a picture of Daniel with both his eyes open. His right eye is overly sensitive to the flash and his left eye (because of the stroke) only blinks half way. So, about 75% of my close up pictures of him come out with one eye open and one eye shut!




Nana and Daniel



Papa and Daniel




Anna and Daniel (sometimes Daniel is not so happy when his big sis holds him!:)




Aubrey reads to Daniel everyday





Hmmmm.. wonder who planted this on top of my sweet boy's head??






Just had to clarify the culprit!! ( We were on our way to a Tinkerbell birthday party in our neighborhood)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, how I am so proud of my Nurse Tara! It's amazing the strength God gives you in times like these.
The pictures are so cute, Anna holding DAniel, Aubrey reading to him are just "priceless". Nana enjoyed looking at them all!

Mary said...

We'll just assume that Daniel is winking every time you take a close up of him.

I'm glad that Aubrey reads to him. I know he loves all the attention he gets.

I'm glad that you are doing well Tara!

Flynt Family said...

It's amazing what strengths God gives us when we need them! I so proud of you Nurse Tara! I enjoyed looking at all the pictures so much, we miss y'all! Love to all of you!
Tanya

Nicole said...

I love you and your precious family so much, Nurse Tara. You are incredible and I admire you so much. I pray for you & your family often and think of you so much. I hope to meet your little man one day soon. God bless you and keep you and give you strength. How precious the love his siblings poor out on him. I love you!!