Last week Ronnie and I celebrated our nine year anniversary! And the same week, Daniel turned nine months old. We are certainly a blessed bunch! I am so thankful for my husband and so thankful to have such a sweet baby son. It's easy to remember how many years we've been married because we married in 2000. At his 9 month appointment, the pediatrician was very pleased with his progress. He now weighs 19 pounds 5 ounces!!!! She even agreed that he was getting a bit chunky. Everyone at church kept asking me each week if we were feeding him fertilizer!! (no...just formula!!) At his last appointment several weeks ago, I was to keep him on the pump feeding to his intestines 20 hours a day and go up on his stomach feedings. I kept going up on the stomach feedings and because of this, and thankfully because his body was handling the increase, he gained a ton of weight !! (Well, for a 9 month old!!) Now, thankfully we are decreasing his pump time from 20 hours to only 12 hours which means he'll only be on the pump at night!! Thank you, God!!! He is handling the stomach feedings so far, so I will continue to go up on that. He is holding his head up much better and loves the megasaucer and bumbo seat. However, the chunky legs can sometimes get stuck in the bumbo chair! We have to hold down the bumbo seat in order to get him out of it!:) He sits up with aide and is continuing to babble and coo. These are good signs that he is at least hearing some. We will follow up with ENT for another hearing test soon and will also be having a modified barium swallow done sometime in the future, too. Here are some things he is doing at nine months:
- sucks his binky (alot!)
- has two teeth on the bottom (he got the first one while we were at the beach and the second one just came in)
- very ticklish everywhere!!
- loves to watch his sisters play
- enjoys the swing, bumbo, bouncy seat, crib, play gym, megasaucer, being in anyone's arms (can you tell he's so easy going??)
He is very loved!!!
3 comments:
What a GREAT update! :)
Happy Anniversary. I am so excited to haear all the good news on Daniel!
Love ya Tara!
I can't believe y'all have been married for 9 years now & Daniel is 9 mos. old! Give that sweet baby boy a kiss from me! Love y'all!
Glad to hear Daniel is doing so well. Congratulations on nine years!
Post a Comment