Monday, July 20, 2009

Out of the mouth of Anna... and a "Damsel" in distress!

Some cute things Anna has said this summer:
story #1 - Anna had a sucker the other day, and since this is the kind of sucker with gum in the middle, it took her a while to finish it. She got tired of sucking but didn't want to get rid of the sucker. She placed it in the refrigerator so it would get cold (don't ask me why) and then proceeded to tell me to make sure NOBODY got her sucker!! I assured her that no one would be interested.
story #2 Anna and Aubrey have been learning their Old and New Testament books of the Bible in Sunday school at our church. They have learned it to the tune of "One little, two little, three little Indians..... Anna was singing them to me one day and after Deuteronomy, she says "1st and 2nd Chemicals.." I tried not to laugh because I'm so excited my girls are learning the order of the books in the Bible. However, I couldn't help it. Now, everytime we sing them and get to the part of "1st and 2nd Chronicles", Aubrey will laugh and say NOT CHEMICALS!!!
And, I saved the best for last....
story #3 Since it's summer and the girls have so much free time on their hands..... well, let's just say that a little brother not able to stand up for himself is a huge target. The girls have spent sooo much time playing dress up this summer, and I guess they just tired of it one day. They then decided to dress up Daniel and our dog, Sadie. Sadie wore a crown and a skirt and so did Daniel!! I have the pictures below to prove it. I couldn't get one of Sadie, though. She was not very happy with them but was a fairly good sport. Daniel had no clue, so he was an excellent sport. Later on that evening at supper, I told Ronnie what the girls had been up to that day. He told them not to make Daniel a sissy. Anna then says, "Oh, no, Daddy, not a sissy, just a PRINCESS!!"
For the record, Ashlie had nothing to do with this. She was simply holding Daniel for the pictures. The other two Hurst sisters are the ones responsible.

Our little Damsel "Danielle"


Soo.. Daddy has his work cut out for him. He reassures Daniel that he will teach him to be a MAN with no frilly skirts or tinkerbell shoes.


Daniel likes this idea

4 comments:

Mary said...

Those stories are cute! You have some blackmail info now. :)

Marsha said...

Daniel is growing so fast! So cute!!
Marsha

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

This is too funny! :) Children are just great!

Flynt Family said...

I loved reading all the stories from little Miss Anna! She is a hoot! The pictures are too cute too. I just wish I could reach through the computer and plant a big ole kiss on Daniel! Love y'all!