Thursday, April 09, 2009

Update on Daniel

My little man has been sick these past few days with a cold. The congestion has been terrible, so he spends a lot of time trying to cough it all up. He did good with his stomach feedings for about a week, but two days ago he spit up all the food I had given him to his stomach. So for now, the stomach feedings have been stopped. We will hopefully try again once he starts feeling better.
I also had not written before on my blog that he did not pass his third hearing test back the middle of March. We're not sure why he's not hearing well - it could be fluid behind the ears or nerve damage from the stroke. They will do a procedure to find out sometime in the next several months. Below are some pics taken before he got sick.
Daniel's new bumbo!!

He still leans a bit to the right side, so we'll keep trying this new toy!

Doing "pull-ups" on his play gym:)


4 comments:

Krystle said...

He is such a cutie. I am sorry that he has been sick. It seems that it is definitely going around. I pray things will get better with his stomach. I also hope that the hearing problems can be addressed. He's an adorable little boy. I wish you and your family the best.

Anonymous said...

Tara,

Let me know the hearing results when you find out. I may have some helpful hints for you and baby Daniel. I minored in audiology @ UGA.

Love and miss all of you,

gigi

Anonymous said...

Wow, he's looking so good! You gotta love that Bumbo... where was it six years ago, huh? I am so sorry and so sad that I missed you when I had to go to Winnersville and you had to come to the Boondocks!!! Please call me if you come this way again!!! What a fluke that I had to be gone to where you were coming from! Oh well! I love you and your family and enjoy reading about their updates! You all are always in our prayers... even the children's!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name... comment above (and this one, too!) is by Heather Braddock!