I wanted to write something cute about my little Anna. A few months ago when Daniel was still in the hospital, Anna found the Bible that my OB doctor had given to him. She asked me what it was, and I told her it was Daniel's Bible, and I even showed her his full name on the front of the cover. I told her that she and Aubrey also had Bibles a lot like his with their names on the front. Well, a little while later while I was in the kitchen, Anna comes running in with two precious moments Bibles. She was very excited to have found what she thought was their Bibles. However, upon inspection, I realized that both Bibles were Aubrey's. One was from the doctor and the other was given to her from a friend of mine at a baby shower.
I knew instantly what was going on in that little 4 year old mind of hers. "Daniel has one, Aubrey, has TWO, where's mine?" I looked into her big brown eyes and reassured her that her Bible had to be somewhere in the house. (I teach them Bible stories through children's Bible story books, not their King James Bibles.) Well, for a while I could tell that she was bothered by the fact that we couldn't find her Bible because she asked me about it everyday for a few days. I did spend a lot of time looking through all our bookshelves, the toy box, etc, etc, but could not find it!! I finally told her that Aubrey would not mind sharing one of her Bibles, and we had plenty of smaller Bibles around the house for her to "use" (Anna cannot read yet). Thankfully, this seemed to appease her. Anytime she packed to go visit her grandparents, she would include one of her "borrowed" Bibles. I wondered at first why she did this, but then realized she had probably seen me pack one of our Bibles on our many trips back and to from hospitals.
Finally, months after this, I found her Bible in a top kitchen cabinet. I of course was not looking for it, but happened to find it while cleaning. I was so excited! I was even more excited to teach Anna that when she became content with what she had, God still rewarded her with her OWN Bible with HER name on it!! Her little face lit up when I showed it to her!
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain that we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content." 1 Timothy 6:6-8
"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11
2 comments:
So happy for Anna--now that she also has 2 Bibles!
Thank you Tara, for the Easter picture of the kids. I appreciate you for sharing a peek and a picture.
Continuing to pray for baby Daniel.
Love,
gigi
I love this. Because, even as adults being content is a struggle. Thank you for posting the verses. I needed those :) Have a great week.
Post a Comment