Monday, November 17, 2008

Daniel's Surgery

Thank you so much to those who have prayed for us during this time! Daniel's surgery went great! My husband told the surgeon he was a well prayed-for man, and the surgeon said that "something" was definitely at work because absolutely nothing went wrong during the surgery. God answered our prayers! The surgery usually takes between an hour and a half to two hours, but it only took him 1 hour and 10 minutes. We learned over the weekend how to use the feeding tube, which is very easy. Daniel has recovered well from the surgery. He did not need any oxygen after the surgery, so we were able to stay in the same room that he was in before. We did forget the camera this time, so I have no new pictures. Tomorrow we get to bring him HOME!!! Yes, I said we will bring him home!!! I can't tell you how excited I am!
We will follow up in a few months and they will continue to monitor his swallowing. We hope and pray that he will make a full recovery soon. Thank you all again for your prayers!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Tara that is such great news - I am so happy for you guys. I will continue to pray for Daniel's full recovery. Cannot wait to see new pics - and maybe even meet the little guy soon. Love you all!

Katie said...

That is awesome news! YOu were in my thoughts and prayers so much this weekend! Continuing to pray for total healing! I know you are overjoyed that you can now bring him home!

Marsha said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad Daniel is coming home! He will stay in our prayers that he will grow strong in the next few months.
Marsha

Mary said...

Praise God! I am so glad to hear that the surgery went well. And I'm even more excited that you get to bring him home.

Love you,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for you! I will praying for all the transition at home. Naomi was on a feeding tube for 2 weeks...i know the feeding pump can be a hassle... but it is amazing the technology these days. Praying for you.
love,
annette

Anonymous said...

Please keep us updated on Daniel's progress, we are all continuing to pray for his full recovery. Please let us know if there is anything you need in the weeks and months ahead. We love you and Ronnie and would do anything we could to make things easier.