Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Daniel at a new Hospital
Daniel was transported to another hospital in order to have a surgery done for reflux. However, MCG has not determined (yet) that he needs the surgery. They went through a series of steps to get him back to a shorter feeding time (he's still being fed through a tube), and now we're waiting for them to start trying his feedings by bottle. They are running all kinds of tests, and so we are waiting, waiting, waiting. He is doing fine, though. I call about 6 times a day to check on him when we're not there. Thankfully, I can call and speak to anyone about his status 24/7. He's in a room with 2 other babies, which was nice. We actually had a couch, t.v., and a bathroom in the room with us. The reason the NICU is situated like this is because they are going through construction so the less severe babies are in individual rooms instead of one large room all together. That has worked out great for us! We can actually spend more time with him in his room than we could at the other NICU. Please continue to pray for our son- my heartache for him to be home with us grows more and more unbearable each day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Tara,
He is such a cutie! We love ya'll so much and are lifting your family before the throne!
Michael, Jordan, & Lily
Oh Tara he is absolutely gorgeous. My heart breaks for you and your family. We continue to pray for you all. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. I cannot imagine not being able to be with 24/7. I love you guys so much! Nicole
I LOVE all that hair! But I am a little bias to dark hair!!!! Your family is in our prayers and hope he gets to come home soon.
Marsha
I love all the new pictures. What I wouldn't give to be able to reach through the computer screen and hold him! He is always in our prayers. Sara Kate loves praying for "baby Daniel". Love y'all!
Tara, that NICU setup sounds fabulous. The big room with all the babies is pretty depressing. I'm so glad that this small detail is making things a tiny bit easier for you. I am still praying for all of you and I know that this is hard, hard, hard.
I hope that he will come home soon. There is nothing quite like having a baby and then leaving him at the hospital. May God be with you in this difficult time.
Post a Comment